Re: Translations (to English?)

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 11:04:20PM -0700, David Lawyer wrote:
> As the author of Modem-HOWTO, I've been aware of (and have a copy of) the
> French howto.  While it may be better written (I can't read it) it is
> obsolete since it doesn't cover the current issues of Winmodems,
> Plug-and-Play, and PCI.  It also is broader than my howto and covers all
> types of modems, but we have mini-howtos on DSL and Cable modems in English.

Could you include them in the mini HOWTO ?

> Someone did start to translate and/or merge the howtos but it never
> worked out (I was too busy to learn French, etc.)

I can send you a translation if you need it.

> working on merging it.  While it's not a good example to use for
> documents that need translating to English today, I'll agree that it should
> have been translated 3 years ago.

You're right, it's not a good example now, but there're certainly more
HOWTOs like this one in local LDPs.

Since we don't speak all these languages, we depend on feedback given by
members of the local LDPs.

--
Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project leader: http://www.linuxdoc.org
               Clef PGP/PGP key:    http://oeil.qc.ca/~guylhem