Re: SGML sourcecode

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, John Eikenberry wrote:

> > > SGML Source can and always has been available from either:
> > > http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/sgml/
> > > or
> > > http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/sgml/
> >
> > Bull shit!!
> >
> > These are collections of the HOWTO documents in sgml format.  This is
> > not a viable reference to where sgml source code can be found.
>
> I think they must have just mistaken your request to be for examples of
> sgml.
>
> > If anyone can give me a reference to the source code of a viable sgml
> > process, please do.  And please, no '.rpm's.
>
> You can find the source for sgmltools 1.0.9 at:
>
> http://www.us.sgmltools.org/download-1.0.html
>
> It requires perl5 and gawk I believe.

It also requires TeTeX for DVI, LaTeX of PostScript output at least.

Let's face it. There is no small kit to handle DocBook SGML at all. Even
for Linuxdoc SGML you need quite some diskspace.

If that is too much for you then try to get access to a machine where you
can run the tools remotely. (I do write DocBook SGML documents on several
machines that can't generate output at all. Once you get handy with it you
can write quite a document without doing all the trials everytime.)

It's a cruel world out there and I can't change it.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/