Boilerplate_license

Here's some proposed changes to my draft manifesto.  Thanks to Terry
Dawson for these suggestions.  I didn't change the "License the
derivative work in the spirt of this license" for reasons I'll explain
in a forthcoming post.		David Lawyer

- Here is a ``boilerplate'' license you may want to use for your work:
+ Here is a sample copyright notice and``boilerplate'' license you may
+ want to use for your work:

+Copyright (c) 2000 by John Doe (change to your name)

Please freely copy and distribute (sell or give away) this document
in any format.  Forward any corrections and comments to the document
maintainer.  You may create a derivative work and distribute it
provided that you:

1. Send your derivative work (in the most suitable format such as
  sgml) to the LDP (or the like) for posting on the Internet.  If not
  the LDP, then let the LDP know where it is available.  Send a copy
  to the previous maintainer's url as shown in the latest version.
2. License the derivative work in the spirit of this license or use
  GPL.
+ Include a copyright notice and at least a pointer to your license.
3. Give due credit to previous authors and major contributors.

If you're considering making a derived work other than a
translation, it's requested that you discuss your plans with the
current maintainer.  We would like to avoid unnecessary forks in
documentation.