Re: Informal survey (was Re: Banner ads)

> You folks are going off the deep end (and I'm addressing the "core
> team" here) with issues that just don't matter.  The most important
> thing that this project needs is *maintainership*, not leadership.
> Fix the *technical* issues that still exist (submissions, tracking,
> etc) and forget about all this other crap.

Absolutely.

I just don't understand where all this drive to trek off into gaga land
has come from.

I've felt the need to restate what I believed the problems with the LDP
as it was were, and felt completely ignored.

The LDP mostly had a process issue:
There was a perception, justified or not, that the document submission
and publishing process was broken and prone to frustrating delays and
loss. To the credit of those involved that, I'm assured, is being (has
been) resolved. I'll be testing it out myself soon.

The LDP had one festering annoyance: The licensing issue.

That too is being worked on. That's great. I'm confident we'll get
somewhere with that this iteration.

The only other things I can think of were the questions of translation
coordination, document standards, and mini-HOWTO->HOWTO.

The opening sentence of the Manifesto says:

"The Linux Documentation Project is working on developing good,
reliable docs for the Linux operating system."

A bit of focus on issues that directly relate to that would help keep
the LDP united I think.

regards
Terry

--