Re: Informal survey (was Re: Banner ads)

Guylhem Aznar wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 11:15:26AM +1000, terry@animats.net wrote:
> > > - moving from ldp-l to ldp-discuss took month and caused major problems.
> >
> > As the host of the former ldp-l and an active contributor to the LDP
> > I'm pretty damned annoyed that to this day I still haven't been able to
> > get a straight answer to the question of to whether the initial
> > subscribers to ldp-l have even been carried across to the new list.
>
> Alas, they haven't.
>
> We did send messages explaining how to subscribe to the new list, but if
> they didn't read them, they aren't here.

I mailed asking if we were going to be transferred and got no answers
and for various reasons I could not be subscribed to both at the same
time. I NEVER got a reply and as I went on a holiday I lost a fair bit
of traffic. Someone has mentioned an article on Slashdot which I have
not heard of before so it seems that not all on ldp-discuss was
copied to ldp-l.

> Anyway, if they weren't reading these messages, do they care about the
> LDP?

I did read and I did mail but never got a reply. Seems I was
not alone either. Communications has been the problem for too
long time now. A simple web log would be an improvement.

Regards,
   Stein Gjoen