Re: working SGML package

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Vern Hoxie wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
> > I would advise the LDP to form a team to organize the knowledge
> > about current tools and mirror them to the LDP site and document
> > their use. So future writers may find a helping doc to get them
> > writing.
>
> After chasing my tail around all the references given on this list,
> it's my opinion that there are no current tools.

What do you mean by 'current' tools?

The fact that Norm Walsh actually incorporated a suggestion about the use
of <Bibliography> in the past two weeks after a few messages about the use
of references will propably justify it to be called stone age.

The tools found on:
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com:/pub/docbook-tools/docware/ will render your
documents but require a bit of a complicated commandline. This toolkit
requires about 12MB of disk space. As it uses a recent TeX environment the
total disk requirement will be larger.

But for writing any ascii editor will do.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/