Re: Manifesto: Boilerplate License

David Lawyer writes:
> 1. Send your derivative work (in the most suitable format such as
>   sgml) to the LDP (or the like) for posting on the Internet.  If not
>   the LDP, then let the LDP know where it is available.  Send a copy
>   to the previous maintainer's url as shown in the latest version.

Please spell out LDP at the first instance.  IMHO, boilerplate is
rarely modified and may over time become separated from the original
context (the HOWTO).

>  + 2. License the derivative work [What goes here is controversial:  I

>  +  proposed "in the spirit of this license" others want "using this
>  +  license"], or use GPL.  Include a copyright notice and at least a
>     pointer to your license.

Any license which is "in the spirit of this license" must conform to the

stipulations of this license.  However, would this permit stipulations
which further restrict content use, beyond the original license?

Brian Schneider