Re: mailing list archives

On Jan 28,  4:33am, NAKANO Takeo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> # thanks a lot for the sorted_howtos.dat.gz :)
>
> In article <10001251454.ZM9851@hoop.timonium.sgi.com>
> gferg@hoop.timonium.sgi.com writes:
>
> > >     www.linuxdoc.org/archives/ldp-discuss/maillist.html  (large;
>400K)
> >
> > I misspoke. That file is /ridiculously large/ - ~33meg.
> > This definitely needs to be addressed.
>
> This page (and threads.html also) is flooded with
> a lot of "Output from "cron" command" messages complaining:
>
> ==
> Your "cron" job on titan.oit.unc.edu
> /export/sunsite/users/ldp-dis/bin/addem 2>&1 >>
/export/sunsite/users/ldp-dis/addem.out

> produced the following output:
>
> Warning: Database (2.4.3) != program (2.4.4) version.
> ==
>
> MHonArc problem?

Looks that way. I'm not sure who originally set this up, but I'll
see if I can filter out that garbage and remove the html files
referenced by those bogus entries. Then we'll have to get to the
root of the problem. Looks like it might mean re-creating the
database to match the program version.

Thank you for finding this.

regards,

--