Re: LDP integration with LWN and Freshmeat

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 10:35:27AM +0100, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> I contacted LWN and got very positive feedback, so the plan
> now is to submit once or twice a month 5-10 lines on LDP news.

Great news!

> So I contacted Freshmeat and have heard nothing since.
> I hoped we could add links to Debian style bug tracking
> since the increased profile is likely to generate a lot
> more traffic than we have seen up to now. If the LDP
> could interface directly with Freshmeat it would be
> saving the authors some work.

Could you write a script that would announce each new HOWTO to
freshmeat?

I'm merging my script and soon Greg one (converts HOWTOs to DocBook) to
do all this automatically from metalab.

> You know, I really like feedback on this. Go on, you can
> do it. I keep proposing a few things now and then and it
> all ends in thundering silence. I cannot pretend to

No, I really like your ideas and I think we are moving in the right
direction.

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu             http://metalab.unc.edu/guylhem