Good news for docbook fans

Hi,

Most of the HOWTOs and the mini HOWTOs have been converted to docbook.

The current hierarchy is :

`-- Linux
    `-- docs
        |-- GUIDES
        `-- HOWTO
            |-- mini
            |   `-- other-formats
            |       |-- html
            |       `-- sgml
            `-- other-formats
                |-- dvi
                |-- html
                |-- ps
                `-- sgml
(to avoid confusing our mirrors, I will add docbook, pdf and info
subdirs there)

However, I would suggest for the new hierarchy :

`-- Linux
    `-- docs
        |-- DOCBOOK (for docbook-only documents, each will have its subdir)
        |-- FAQ (for txt and html documents)
        |-- GUIDES (for other documents)
        `-- HOWTO
            |-- source
            |      |-- linuxdoc
            |      `-- docbook
            |-- dvi
            |-- html
            |-- info
            |-- pdf
            |-- ps
            `-- txt

Why DOCBOOK dir?

Because some DocBook only documents may contain pictures (...) and thus
couldn't be converted to some formats HOWTOs currently supported (txt
for example)

Either we move DocBook only documents apart or we deprecate plain txt
versions, and we will have a single source dir for any sgml source
(linuxdoc/docbook).

Comments?

Should we contact each mirror before creating this new tree?

BTW I'm a little sick these days, I may take too much time to reply but
I know *each* subject is important and I will do by best.

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu             http://metalab.unc.edu/guylhem

PGP signature