RE: Web site design and Slashdot reply .3

[snip]

> You can try the new version.

How about asking for people to look at the new version.  Perhaps something
like "Please try out the new version."

>   - provide direct access to important links : FIXED
> (http://www.linuxdoc.org)
>
> We now have big links for each of the major document types (HOWTOs,
> FAQs...) in the first page.
>
> Please check "non English" where you should find a link to your local

*"non-English,"

> LDP with translated documents.
>
>   - provide security bulletins & link to RFC archivesa
> (http://??? links)
>
> I'm sorry but this is not in the current goals of the LDP.
> However, we will add links in the links section

I'm sorry, but this is not within the current goals of the LDP.  However, we
will add links to other sites with this information in our "Links" section.

[snip]

> Writing documentation is not as sexy as writing software
> (quoting a slashdotter: "Honestly, how many users want to read
> documentation? How many of them see a fat manual and feel happy?")

*Lose the colon.

> We do need more authors. Unfortunately, not everyone can be a good
> author. It requires a combination of writing skills, technical
> knowledge, and the willingness to accept criticism that improves your
> final product.  Thank you all for your responses--we hope that you
> continue to let us know your opinions on the LDP.

Wow, we're down to minor quibbles now.  :)  Even if you don't agree with the
ones that I've proposed changes on, the two that I've flagged with * at the
beginning are errors in english grammar.  As long as those two get
corrected, I'll stop picking-nits.  Thanks,
	Greg