Re: PDFs [ was Unidentified subject! ]

> Please also try the pdf on other-formats/pdf ... they look neat!

They do look neat, but there are some glitches:

 - The gzipped pdf files return as type application/x-gzip or
   something, so they don't just pop up in a pdf viewer.  I was under
   the impression that PDFs were already compressed; why gzip them?

 - My HOWTO has part of Section 1/Introduction on page 4, and then
   zaps to Section 10/Network on page 5.  Everything in between (which
   ought to be tens of pages) is apparently missing.

 - Nested description lists are horribly broken.  They work everywhere
   else!  Pages 29-38 of my doc are one big nested list, which should
   look like this:

   Manufacturer1
     Perfectly
       Printer1, Printer2, Printer3...
     Partially
   Manufacturer2
     Perfectly

 - The right margin is ragged and seems too narrow on some pages.  The
   text also looks a bit off-center.  Maybe it's A4 formatting on
   Letter paper?

 - Section title 10.6 includes one italicized word ("if").  After it
   there is not a italic-correction space, so the if is too close to
   the next word.  This is not true of normal TeX output; what
   happened?

 - The navigation bars (\hline next prev contents...\hline) seem ugly
   and completely redundant, since the PDF file is fully structured,
   with the TOC tree visible in the acrobat navigation pane.  The
   navbars also tend to get broken across pages in funny ways.  I
   think you should just remove them.

 - Some of the intra-document links are broken.  In the short TOC, for
   example, the main section titles are links to things like
   Printing-HOWTO-11.html, which won't work.

Oh, wait, I've got it: sections 2-9 aren't missing, the document is
just sorted alphabetically instead of numerically!  It's:

1
10
11
12