Re: HAM-HOWTO

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 04:13:47PM +0100, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 04:08:52PM +0100, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
>> There should be a standard way in the LDP to keep track of such movements
>> among documents: those that became obsolete, those that were moved or merged
>> into different documents within the LDP or outside of it, etc.
>
> Deletion ?
>
> When we remove a document, users complains that the information will
> miss them (see a good example with the message that started this thread)
>
> When documents are merged or moved (content shared between other HOWTOs)
> the original is removed, but when it becomes obsolete we keep it.

No. What I mean is that some document, the HOWTO-INDEX, or another one,
should keep a log of the evolution of LDP documents, so that people who
used to look for some information in the FOO-HOWTO have a standard way
to learn that since 29 Feb 2000 they ought to look instead in the BAR-HOWTO,
or some non-LDP URL.

Is it clearer, or shall I try to explain it in french?

Reason isn't about lack of a priori's, but presence of a posteriori's.