Re: What is "g++"?

Renato Antonio Veneroso da Fonseca <rveneroso@pib.com.br> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to say that is my first message to this list. I do hope to learn a
> lot about Linux here and, although I've have been working with databases that
> run under Unix, I'm not very expert on it.
>
> Some weeks ago I downloaded the program "kfirewall-0.4.2" from the Linuxberg
> site. I'm trying to install it but its Makefile contains a comand(????) called
> g++ which doesn't exist in my system.
>
> My question is: what is this "g++"? Is it a comand, a compiler or what? If
> it's a program or a compiler, where can I get it so that the installation of
> kfirewall be sucessfull? Has anybody in this list installed this program?
>
> By the way: I use the Conectiva Linux 5.0, a Brazilian release which is based
> on the Red Hat distribution.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> 	Renato A. Veneroso
> 	Brazil

Hi Renato.

This list is related to documents and document authoring for the LDP
project. For more information please take a look at the LDP site:
http://www.linuxdoc.org or at any mirror (we have a mirror at
http://ldp.conectiva.com.br).

Questions regarding how to compile programs, what a program is and
others like these do not belong to this list. Please, use other list
to that.

Thanks in advance,
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>

Setor de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.