Re: sgml tools help

"Greg Ferguson" <gferg@hoop.timonium.sgi.com> writes:

> On Apr 4,  7:21pm, Tom Fawcett wrote:
> > Subject: sgml tools help
> >
> > Are there instructions anywhere that explain, start to finish, how to
> > install a set of working tools for converting DocBook documents into
> > (tex,pdf,html,txt)?
>
> This is (still) being worked on. It's badly needed. I believe
> Jorge is going to fold it into his Using DocBook HOWTO (but I
> can't say specifically).
>
> Currently we have a HOWTO HOWTO, a Using DocBook HOWTO (under
> development), and a Guide Submission HOWTO. I think we need to
> consolidate this into one easily-maintainable Author's Guide
> (or Author's HOWTO).
>
> Does that seem like the correct approach?

I have to apologize with everybody.
I'm with lots of things that need to be done for releasing yesterday
and they are all late...

I have _all_ feedback on the HOWTO with me and I'll be fixing them
all. I'm also with some informations in a draft here and they'll be
in the HOWTO.

Please, direct all messages regarding DocBook to me and I'll explain
what you need to do or put your suggestion (if it applies) in the
HOWTO. It's a promess.

I'm "absent" in the list but I always answer my messages.

> > I've looked at two or three tutorial introductions to DocBook.
> > They seem to mention the software without specifying how to get
> > it set up and working such that LDP authors can convert documents
> > into the LDP standard formats.
>
> The available documentation is indeed "sparse". I hope through a
> HOWTO, or by folding this info into an existing HOWTO, we can
> address this.
>
> Feedback is requested.

I'd say "Feedback is _needed_" ;-)

Again, send me your questions/suggestions and I'll handle them.

Regards,
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.