DOCTYPE tags

>From SGML sources I've downloaded from the LDP site I see that DocBook
3.0 is used (with acompanying <!DOCTYPE blabla PUBLIC "-//DAVENPORT//DTD
DocBook V3.0//EN">

I'm writing in docbook 3.1 and thus the doctype line is slightly
different, though my document doesn't contain anything that only works
with the 3.1 version  (it formats just fine when a 3.0 doctype tag is
inserted).

Just wanted to let you know about this. Is it a problem is I submit the
original SGML with the 3.1 doctype tag and whoever will process the
document will change it, or should I change it prior to submitting?

--
TTS Linux Solutions
Gerard Beekmans