RE: Report on LDP at Montreal

Hey,

I bet I could get OpenDocs to press CD's for us...

Joshua Drkae

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

<CITE>> -----Original Message-----
<CITE>> From: Gary Lawrence Murphy [mailto:garym@canada.com]
<CITE>> Sent: Friday, April 14, 2000 2:05 PM
<CITE>> To: David Lawyer
<CITE>> Subject: Re: Report on LDP at Montreal
<CITE>>
<CITE>[snip]
<CITE>>
<CITE>> What we do need is something to show what we do.  This expo was very
<CITE>> useful for us because many French (and some Spanish) attendees did not
<CITE>> know we had such a complete collection in those languages.  A frequent
<CITE>> request was for a list of everything we have, and to that end, a good
<CITE>> handout might have been a simple one page list of all our titles in
<CITE>> each of the main languages.
<CITE>
<CITE>This is the HOWTO-Index, and perhaps the "index" documents from Guides and
<CITE>FAQs as well.  It might be worthwhile to provide both the versions with
<CITE>short explanations of the material in each document, and the abbreviated
<CITE>format, for those who just want a list.  When we are in non-english speaking
<CITE>areas, I think it's going to be important to have a listing of the local
<CITE>language docs.
<CITE>
<CITE>> We should also consider seeking sponsorship to produce a simple CD