Re: CD edition

All we need is HTML, SGML, and a set of scripts.

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 03:51:09PM -0700, John wrote:
> No way would I be willing to read a full text on a computer screen.
That's what scripts are for.

> Besides, what if a user has a Linux box but doesn't
> have it fully functional yet?
If we uses DemoLinux, then he does have one!
And if he uses a non-PC architecture, I guess he's proficient enough.

Now, I agree that if some documents are only helpful BEFORE the linux
box is sufficiently functional to generate the PDF, then it might be
useful to provide PDF for these documents only.

Anyway, I guess the one who does the work is the one who decides.

A word for the epoch of free software and universal publishing:
voluntocracy n 1. governance by those who do the work. 2. the volunteers
who do the work. -- Aubrey Jaffer, http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/