Re: political action HOWTO

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 07:56:32PM -0500, John Emerson wrote:

> I'm interested in writing a HOWTO on political action and advocacy.
[Concerning issues in the FSF community, etc.]

The problem with making it a LDP HOWTO is that there are various
shades of opinion about these issues.  If we accept your HOWTO as a
LDP HOWTO then someone else will come along with a somewhat different
slant on these issues and insist that we accept it too.  Perhaps LDP
could have a separate category of "Free Software Issues".  Will we
accept one from Microsoft?

But there are some policy issues that I think most all of us agree on
such as opposition to software patents.  What about prizes offered by
the governments every year for the "best" algorithms?

--
			David Lawyer