Re: If SGML is so great...

    G> Likewise, if SGML can be translated into anything else, the
    G> reverse translation can be done into a subset of SGML.

Which is lossy.  The whole purpose of SGML is to preserve meta
information and if this must be redone on every revision, we might
as well stay with ASCII files and HTML

    G> There isn't any reason for LDP to require SGML. Anything that
    G> can be translated into SGML should be acceptable.

Initial submissions are one thing, but the updates must match for
the same reason you cannot contribute VBasic to the Linux kernel
project and expect to be thanked for updates.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@linux.ca>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
TCI - Business Innovations through Open Source : http://www.teledyn.com