Linux International General Developer's Fund: Request

Hi,

I talked with these people at a recent show, and suggested they write you.
Instead they wrote back to me, but what the hey.....

I think that the Linux Documentation Project would be a worthy cause,
particularly in the case of the hardware needs.

Instead of compensating writers, I would rather fiance a portion of their
travel expenses to some technical conference, so they could meet the
developers and users directly, and so they could (perhaps) give some
talks.  Just "compensating" people may require LI to fill out forms for the
IRS (I will have to look at the issue of such a low amount as $100. each),
but re-imbursing for travel expenses is definitely in the realm of LIGDF.
While some developers may not have the time or inclination to give talks,
perhaps the documentation people would.

md