another question about <!ENTITY % blah "INCLUDE">

Imagine a simple book with book.sgml as the main file:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN" [
<!ENTITY chapter1 SYSTEM "chapter1.sgml">
<!ENTITY chapter2 SYSTEM "chapter2.sgml">
<!ENTITY contents SYSTEM "contents.sgml">
<!ENTITY % chapter2-specific "IGNORE">
]>

<book>
&chapter1;
&chapter2;
</book>

chapter1.sgml and chapter2.sgml both include the contents.sgml file.

chapter1.sgml:
<chapter id="chapter1">
&contents
</chapter>

and chapter2.sgml:
<chapter id="chapter2">
&contents
</chapter>

contents.sgml contains:
<sect1><title>Contents</title>
<para>Blah</para>
<![%chapter2-specific;[
<para>
This is only suppose to show up in chapter2
</para>
]]>

The question is, how do I enable that chapter2-specific part? If I
change the "IGNORE" part into "INCLUDE" in the main book.sgml file, that
second paragraph will show up in both chapters. I tried including this
in chapter2.sgml:
<!ENTITY % chapter2-specific "INCLUDE">

but that generates in this error:

jade:chapter2.sgml:1:2:E: "ENTITY" declaration not
allowed in instance

Is there some other way I can do it? Have I overlooked something or
should I just create a file c2-specific.sgml and have that included in
chapter2.sgml

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

-*- If Linux doens't have the solution, you have the wrong problem -*-