Re: Howto book and links between howtos

Feloy <feloy@free.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
>  I'm thinking about a way to create a book containing all the howtos and
> to have links between howtos.
>
> Prerequisites:
>  - 2 howtos, ht1 and ht2.

(SNIP)

> And equivalent files for ht2, containing:
> <xref linkend="ht1.article>, or <xref linkend="ht1.faq">
>

> You can now write an Howto book with the file
> (you just need to comment doctype decls in different howtos):
>
> --- HowtoBook.sgml ---------------------------------------
> <!DOCTYPE HowtoBook [
> <!ELEMENT HowtoBook (article)*>
> <!ENTITY % DocBook PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
> %DocBook;
>
> <!ENTITY % ht1.dtd SYSTEM "ht1.dtd">
> <!ENTITY ht1.sgml SYSTEM "ht1.sgml">
>
> <!ENTITY % ht2.dtd SYSTEM "ht2.dtd">
> <!ENTITY ht2.sgml SYSTEM "ht2.sgml">
>
> %ht1.dtd;
> %ht2.dtd;
> ]>
> <howtobook>
>   &ht1.sgml;
>   &ht2.sgml;
> </howtobook>
>
> The problem is that you get "missing XRef LinkEnd to ID '...' when you
> process an howto alone.
>
> On the other hand, when you process the "HowtoBook" (I tested with
> ldp.dsl#html), you already get a valid output.

I don't think it's worth creating a new division... If you want to
join several articles together, why not using "book" instead of
creating a "howtobook" element?

I think that you've missed something while creating this element that
is forbidding you from linking between them.

Regards,
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.