Re: HOWTOs in DocBook SGML?

    G> Personally, I think that one of the best people to take after
    G> would be Asimov.  His text books and other non-fiction works
    G> are loads of fun to read, and easy to understand.  Isn't that
    G> the point of documentation?  Greg

Personally, I found Martin's little joyceism to be packed with
fantastic detail in an amazingly terse space.  Ok, it's not easy to
read on the surface, but once you grasped it, it taught you about the
book, author AND the library in one shot ;)

Seriously, though, you are absolutely right and thus the discussion
on writing guides truly belongs in the HOWTO-HOWTO.  So far, we have
collected

        1) George Orwell's guide (free, online and totally useful)
        2) Strunk and White (small, cheap and essential)
        3) Hart's guide sadly out of print, even after being
           revised for electronic media.

IMHO, we could do more to improve the quality of our docs by requiring
these works as pre-requisites than we could from any amount of
technology.

Hmmm ... hey, let's start a contest: Linux Technical Haiku!

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@linux.ca>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
TCI - Business Innovations through Open Source : http://www.teledyn.com