Re: Idea : common dir and tree (Rep:Re: Why not create packages?)

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 10:33:39AM -0400, Dan York wrote:
> I would agree with other comments that the dir should be /usr/doc/HOWTO or
> wherever it goes.  "HOWTO" should, in my opinion, be the domain name.

...for HOWTOs, but we don't have HOWTOs only.

We also have docbook documents, html Guides, ascii FAQs...

I'd say :
 (somewhere)/HOWTO/(the hierarchiy we were talking about)
            /GUIDE

> Dan Quinlan is the guy in charge (quinlan@transmeta.com). I emailed him late
> yesterday when this topic first came up. No response yet.  (I have worked with
> Dan in some very minor ways related to LSB.)
> I'll let you know what I hear.

Ok thanks. I would best like /opt/ldp/ to keep the path short (compared
to /usr/share/doc/ldp/)

--
Guylhem P. Aznar                               http://www.linuxdoc.org
guylhem \@/ metalab.unc.edu                    http://www.iMedecin.com