Re: Boilerplate License Revision Proposal

Hello,

David makes a valid argument within his perspective. I would not be able
to argue with it, without making points that would be contrary to that
perspective.

As I have stated before, I am not in any way against having the more
liberal licenses. I just think that authors should be able to limit
commercial "paper" re-print. I really think this is important for items
such as "Guides".

Either way. I think that we all know how we all feel, so I have taken the
liberty to post this question to our website and ask for feedback from the
users of the LDP.

It has also been posted at http://www.kuro5hin.org and is under heavy
discussion.

In about a week, I will compile the responses and we can make a decision
from there.

Joshua Drake

<COMPANY>CommandPrompt	- http://www.commandprompt.com	</COMPANY>
<PROJECT>OpenDocs, LLC.	- http://www.opendocs.org	</PROJECT>
<PROJECT>LinuxPorts 	- http://www.linuxports.com     </PROJECT>
<WEBMASTER>LDP		- http://www.linuxdoc.org	</WEBMASTER>
--
Instead of asking why a piece of software is using "1970s technology,"
start asking why software is ignoring 30 years of accumulated wisdom.