Re: [Re: Navigation, ...

On Jul 27, 10:35am, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Re: Navigation, ...
>
> Hal Burgiss wrote:
>
> > I wonder if each HOWTO (FAQ, etc) could have a 'KEYWORD' section,
> > maybe even behind a comment so it is invisible to the end user. Then
> > some clever soul could come with something like what makewhatis is for
> > man pages based on the keywords. Then something like apropos to pull
> > up a list of Docs that match. Even slicker to output it into HTML or
> > some other format where each Doc is selectable from the generated
> > list. Just thinking out loud ...
>
> That, along with a short synopsis line, has been suggested in the past
> and noone disagreed then.
>
> The idea was to use it for <META> tags in HTML and for
> generating stub man pages.
>
> It seems we can do it in DocBook DTD, what about LinuxDoc DTD?

>From the linuxdoc DTD:

   <!-- ================================================= -->
   <!-- INDEXING                                          -->
   <!-- All elements having to do with generating indices -->

   <!entity % index "idx|cdx" >
   <!element idx - - (#pcdata)>
   <!element cdx - - (#pcdata)>

So it seems like there is a convention to have index terms which
could be pulled out and used in a <meta> keyword field.

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com  |