Re: [Re: Navigation, ...

speaking of keywords and descriptions and the like. if you were to simply
enter each HOW-TO (or each author could do this) into the OMF template
which includes fields for KEYWORDS and DESCRIPTION. this would give you
XML-coded, Dublin Core compliant metadata records that could then be
searched by our search engine and/or we'll be glad to share the records
with others. this would help us get a greater collection of sharable
standards-based metadata and help folks find the HOW-TO they really want.
http://metalab.unc.edu/osrt/omf/ will get you to the general OMF
information page.
http://metalab.unc.edu/osrt/omf/cgi-bin/template.pl will take you
directly to the template.
(warning i will be on vacation next week and will not be able to answer
mail, but others at metalab will be there to help you out if you need an
hand with the OMF)

                             Paul Jones
   "We must protect our precious bodily fluids!" General Jack D Ripper
http://MetaLab.unc.edu/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As SunSITE.unc.edu
  pjones@MetaLab.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071