Re: XML position/status?

On Aug 1,  9:11am, rposton@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Subject: XML position/status?
>
> Can someone please explain what the LDPs current status/plans are
> for XML use?
> Is the LDP definitely going to XML?
> If so, what DTD, docbook?

We're still sorting through this. There are no immediate plans.
We just moved to DocBook, and things are progressing. We have
support for DocBook 3.1, we will be adding support for DocBook
4.1 very soon.

After that, yes (if the tools/resources are available); we will
add support for (most likely) DocBook XML 5.x. No timeframe has
been set.

> Any "library GUI/search GUI" planned that is XML aware?

IMO, the OMF search is our engine of choice (at this point) for
a solid, XML-aware engine: http://metalab.unc.edu/osrt/omf/#search

> If there is any XML activity, can someone point to any documentation?

There's been lots of discussion lately. Check the mailing list archives
for more detail.

r,

--
Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg@sgi.com