Unidentified subject!

Sirs
	-; I have been attempting to install Linux on a Toshiba laptop, Satellite
1675 CDS. I have tried most of the setting in the custom video card portion
of the setup and the best I get is a VGA 16 with a area of the screen that
acts like a black hole. That is anything that is located on that part of the
screen can not be seen; the background color is there but no window or
curser can be seen there.
	If you know of a location where I can get the setup data for this laptop,
or know how to set up the screen for it I would be very thankful.
					Kris Wright

PS - I am using Linux 6.0