Re: Style Guide (was Re: I'm a sucker)

David Merrill <dcmerrill@mindspring.com> writes:

 > David Lloyd wrote:
 > >
 > > I've unilaterally relabeled "I'm a Sucker" to Style Guide. It seems to
 > > fit in more with how some of the conversation is going.

Don't forget that the most important point of the LDP is to get
documentation.  Any hurdles placed in the way will lead to less
documentation.  It's one thing to have a Style Guide and another to
have a Howto Howto with a style section that starts with something
like "If you're worrying about your writing style, we suggest
following these guidelines: ...".  Remember - the authors are
volunteers contributing documentation.  The LDP should make doing that
as easy as possible.

--
Harvey Stein
Bloomberg LP