Linux Backspace/Delete White Paper (Was: updates (BackspaceDelet

Greg Ferguson <gferg@hoop.timonium.sgi.com> wrote:

>   A Linux Backspace/Delete White Paper
>   Sebastiano Vigna, vigna@acm.org
>   Revision v1.2 15 October 2000

The proper meaning of a "white paper" is a document that presents
official government policy. Although the term is now sometimes used to
mean any group's official position, I don't think that it should be used
for a How-To unless it's meant to imply that the How-To is the LDP's
official policy, which is not the case here.

Documents are already described as Guides, How-Tos, and so on; I don't
think that we should create new categories of documents unless there's
a specific reason to do so.

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>, Ottawa, Canada
Francais / English / Esperanto