Re: Feedback

On Nov 14,  7:53pm, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> Subject: Re: Feedback
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 RLambert1@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Initially I was puzzled by the "1<<16" which appears in a couple of
places.
> > I don't think that belongs in the man page.
> > I think there would be much to be gained, clarity-wise, by replacing
"1<<16"
> > with 65536.
> > Documention should strive for clarity, not "cuteness".
>
> Hear, hear!  More comments along these lines can only inprove the
> quality of the LDP docs.

The LDP does not currently maintain man pages. We merely make
the existing man page packages available.

It (http://www.linuxdoc.org/docs.html#man) states:

  You can also get the latest man page information, including
  links to translations. You can email Andries Brouwer
  (aeb@cwi.nl) if you would like to help with, or have comments
  on the man pages.

His site is:

  http://www.win.tue.nl/math/dw/personalpages/aeb/linux/index.html

I have forwarded on your comments, Richard. Thanks.

best regards,

Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg at sgi.com
SGI Tech Pubs     - http://techpubs.sgi.com/ |
Linux Doc Project - http://www.linuxdoc.org/ | gferg at metalab.unc.edu