Re: Linux NetMeeting HOWTO

On Nov 27,  3:37am, Brent Baccala wrote:
> Subject: Linux NetMeeting HOWTO
> Hi -
>
> Martin Schiffers and I are putting together a Linux NetMeeting HOWTO to
> describe making Microsoft NetMeeting interoperate with Linux.  A draft
> version is here:
>
> 		http://www.freesoft.org/software/NetMeeting
>
> This grew out of my creation of some Perl scripts to get openldap to
> act as a NetMeeting directory server.
>
> Am I correct to assume that this will be welcome as a HOWTO or
> mini-HOWTO?

Absolutely.

> The document is presently in text format.  If someone could convert it
> into the SGML format you use, that'd be great, since I've never done
> anything with DocBook.

Can you perhaps look into asking one of the people on the authoring
assistance list (http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/vlist.html)?
Or perhaps someone on this discussion list will step up?

> In any event, please let me know how to incorporate this into LDP...

Most of what you will need to know is covered in the LDP Author Guide:

   http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/

and in our author's resources page:

   http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/index.html#resources

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I've added the document
to the list of works "in progress":

   http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/inprogress.html

r,

Greg Ferguson     - s/w engr / mtlhd         | gferg at sgi.com